CES 2018: iBUYPOWER, MSI and ORIGIN announce new gaming PCs powered by Windows 10
Simple, built-in Mixer streaming provides low-latency, interactive moments for viewers and streamers to watch or interact with other gamers–no extra hardware or software required, while Xbox Play Anywhere enables you to buy a game once and play it on both your Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Stay connected with your gaming community through the Xbox app and the power of Xbox Live.
Let’s take a closer look at the gaming PCs announced this week:
iBUYPOWER Case Builder
Built with creativity in mind, the Case Builder project allows you to configure the look and structure of your computer case upon purchase. Paint your canvas and fuel your imagination with the Snowblind Element, featuring a transparent LCD monitor display embedded into the PC case.
Designed and engineered by iBUYPOWER, the RGB Cable Combs serves as the final piece of the RGB puzzle, illuminating your exceptional cable management.
MSI launched three brand-new gaming products at CES: the new Optix gaming monitor line-up, new gaming desktops, a motherboard, a graphics card, and the new GT75VR Titan Pro with Killer Wireless-AC 1550.
MSI introduces the new Optix MPG Series
MSI is proudly expanding its Optix gaming monitor line-up with the MPG curved gaming monitors. The new Optix MPG series will consist of two 27-inch monitors, the Optix MPG27C and Optix MPG27CQ. These mark the next level in MSI gaming monitors with a curved VA panel with an 1800R curve. Both models feature a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, and the MPG27CQ is equipped with a 1440p WQHD screen, while the MPG27C has a 1080p screen.
Other features include:
- SteelSeries GameSense built-in
- Using the five RGB zones on the front of the monitor, gamers can easily program lighting effects in SteelSeries Engine to notify them of in-game timers or cooldowns, Discord notifications or other important information they want at-a-glance. The back of the monitor has RGB lighting as well.
- With its 178-degree viewing angles, the MPG series is perfect for use in a multiple monitor matrix display for an optimized gaming experience.
- The screen uses an anti-glare VA panel with 100 percent and 115 percent coverage of the NTSC and sRGB spectrums respectively. It features 2 HDMI (2.0) ports, 1 DisplayPort (1.2), 1 USB 3.0 Type B, an Earphone out port, Kensington Lock, 1 Mic in port, 1 audio combo jack and 2 USB 3.0 Type A ports. It also has an adjustable stand to maximize productivity and comfort and supports VESA mounting.
MSI Gaming desktops dominate with incredible performance and sharp design
The Trident 3 Arctic has gotten even better with an upgraded Intel 8th Generation processor and NVIDIA GTX 1080 graphics card. The Arctic is the perfect gaming solution for those with space constraints or design requirements and features the ultimate performance for a wide variety of applications.
The Infinite X features a more traditional tower design than the Arctic, but still hosts some unique features. The Infinite X uses either dual steel or dual tempered glass side panels, Mystic Light RGB LEDs, MSI’s award winning graphics cards, Intel’s 8th Generation CPU and MSI’s Silent Storm Cooling 3 Pro liquid cooling. MSI gaming desktops excel in gaming performance, audio quality and connectivity. MSI also adds gaming benefits such as Silent Storm Cooling, automatic overclocking with Game Boost, super-speed storage configurations, Audio Boost and Nahimic for an incredible in-game sound experience.
Additionally, the Aegis Ti3 gaming desktop will be available with an Intel 8th Generation processor later this year.
Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard
MSI showcases the future of PC gaming technology based on the latest Intel® 8th generation platform. The Z370 GODLIKE GAMING motherboard is ready to take on any build a gamer throws at it.
The Z370 comes with a variety of features to help gamers perform at the highest level. The Z370 GODLIKE GAMING handles internet connectivity lightning fast thanks to the Killer xTend. The Killer xTend combines a built-in switch with wireless extender. Killer allows for ultimate traffic prioritization.
The motherboard supports Triple Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield V2, Turbo U.2 with Steel Armor and has an Xtreme Audio DAC with Nahimic 2 to deliver breathtaking sound quality. The Z370 has four available slots for DDR4 RAM with Steel Armor. Steel Armor keeps the DIMM slots shielded to protect DDR4 modules and deliver pure data signals for the best gaming and overclocking performance. It also supports multiple GPUs via NIVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire, with optimal slot placement for the best possible airflow.
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z Graphics Card
The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z brings legendary overclocking potential to the desktop. Lighting cards are designed for the ground up for extreme overclocking and performance. It features a Tri-Frozr thermal design, using three award-winning TORX 2.0 fans with double ball bearings to prove itself as the pinnacle of air cooling. In addition to the thermal design, the Lighting Z uses close quarters heat pipe cooling. The heat pipes are infused into the Close Quarters Heatsink and Backplate for greatly improved thermal performance. The Lightning Z is built with military class four components for maximum stability and quality.
MGT75VR Titan Pro with Killer Wireless-AC 1550
MSI also unveiled a new GT75VR Titan Pro with the all-new Killer Wireless-AC 1550. Developed in partnership with Intel, the Killer Wireless-AC 1550 is the world’s fastest 2×2 11ac wireless networking adapter delivering up to 1.73Gbps of throughput and is the ideal networking solution for gaming, streaming and downloading. The Killer 1550 features 160MHz channel support and can deliver twice the throughput of what standard 2×2 11ac adapters can deliver.
To learn more about MSI’s complete line of products, visit us.msi.com.
ORIGIN PC announced this week the launch of their next-generation GENESIS, MILLENNIUM, and L-Class desktops for gamers, artists, professionals, esports players and tech enthusiasts all over the world.
Designed and built from the ground up by ORIGIN PC and running Windows 10, the next generation GENESIS, MILLENNIUM, and L-Class desktops now feature an all-new aluminum exterior with tempered glass side panels, tool-less upgradeability, and ORIGIN PC’s patented Variable Mounting technology, which allows the motherboard to be mounted in four different orientations: Standard ATX, Inverted ATX, 90 degrees or Inverted 90 degrees and with no additional modifications needed.
ORIGIN PC also gives you the ability to convert your MILLENNIUM or L-Class Full Tower into a GENESIS or L-Class Super Tower with an optional super tower expansion kit. With the optional super tower expansion kit, you can store additional dual 360mm radiators for improved system cooling, or add up to 12 (3.5 inch) or 24 (2.5 inch) storage drives for maximum storage.
Other features include:
- Tool-Less Upgradability: The new ORIGIN PC GENESIS, MILLENNIUM and L-Class Desktops feature magnetic side panels and thumbscrews to give you the ability to change your most popular components without the need of any tools.
- Customizable and Swappable Tempered Glass or Aluminum Side Panels: The side panels of the GENESIS, MILLENNIUM or L-Class desktops are easily swappable and require no tools to open thanks to the all-new hinge design.
- Multiple PCI Cards in Any Orientation: ORIGIN PC’s GENESIS, MILLENNIUM, and L-Class desktops support any PCI based cards such as graphics cards, capture cards, or PCIe SSDs in any desired orientation.
- Interchangeable Aluminum Front Door: Configure your ORIGIN PC desktop to open the front door to the left or right for convenient access to your optical drives, media card reader and all of your bay devices.
- Top Panel Cover for Concealing Ports/Buttons: Gain instant access to your power and reset buttons or popular I/O ports such as (2) front mounted USB 3.0 Ports and (1) USB Type C Gen 2.0 ports by easily sliding the top panel cover up or down.
- Super Tower Bottom Expansion Kit: Convert your MILLENNIUM or L-Class Full Tower to a GENESIS or L-Class Super Tower with the Super Tower Bottom Expansion allowing space to add dual 360 radiators for increased cooling support or up to 24 (2.5 inch) additional storage drives.
- Remote Controlled LED Lighting w/Motherboard RGB support: Customize the beautiful internal LED lights with over 16 colors and four effects using ORIGIN PC’s RF remote control. Switch between your case lighting synced with your motherboard or remote control with the push of a button. Every GENESIS, MILLENNIUM, or L-Class Desktop can sync with optional motherboard lighting software so you can have universal lighting inside and out.
You can learn more about everything ORIGIN announced here!
In case you missed it, our partners, including Acer, ASUS and Dell also announced gaming laptops and desktops powered by Windows 10 earlier this week:
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop
The new Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop is powered by Windows 10 and designed for gaming enthusiasts seeking best-in-class performance in an attractive laser-textured design.
The 15-inch Acer Nitro 5 packs in the latest-generation AMD Radeon RX560 graphics for faster rendering, improved lighting and texture, as well as the latest AMD Ryzen mobile processors for amazing performance, whether it be for gaming, content creation or multi-tasking applications. The lightning-fast speeds of DDR4 RAM of up to 32 GB combined with the SSD means fast booting, loading and restarting in mere seconds so players can get to the action immediately. Acer’s NitroSense utility allows the monitoring of the CPU/GPU, and adjustment of cooling fan speeds via Acer CoolBoost to keep them in optimal operation.
The Nitro 5’s chassis features a top cover with elegant laser texturing that brings bold refinement to the gaming laptop. And with the power of Windows 10 and Mixer, enjoy easily broadcast games from the Game bar, with no extra hardware or software.
Other features include:
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display produces brilliant imagery with crisp details
- Front-facing HD web camera
- Internal solid-state drive is available up to 512 GB
- Finely tuned, high-quality speakers with Dolby Audio Premium and Acer TrueHarmony technology.
- Fast and reliable dual-stream 802.11ac wireless technology, a plethora of ports, including hyper-fast USB Type-C, HDMI 2.0, and Gigabit Ethernet to enable users to enter any arena prepared to execute every mission at the highest level.
To read more about everything Acer announced this week, please visit this blog post.
ASUS ROG G703
ROG G703 is a gaming laptop with an ultra-responsive 17.3-inch IPS-level display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, able to reach refresh rates of 144Hz. Built with Windows 10, these devices support connectivity with your friends through the Xbox app and the power of Xbox Live, support for Direct X12 and quick and simple game streaming through Mixer, with no extra hardware or software required. ROG G703 combines the best of laptop and console gaming with built-in Xbox Wireless technology that enables you to effortlessly connect up to 8 wireless Xbox One controllers, eliminating the need for multiple adapters.
G703 has a gaming keyboard with 2.5mm travel distance and 0.3mm keycap curve for improved comfort; while N-key rollover and anti-ghosting technologies ensure each keystroke is logged, even when numerous keys are pressed simultaneously. The keyboard also features highlighted WASD keys, a durable anti-slip palm rest, and dedicated hotkeys for Xbox, ROG Aura, ROG Gaming Center and XSplit Gamecaster.
Other features include:
- Powered by the factory-overclocked Intel Core i7-7820HK processor that reaches incredible speeds of up to 4.3GHz out of the box
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics with a maximum boost clock of up to 1974MHz
- ROG G703 features the innovative Anti-Dust Cooling (ADC) system that enables it to rid itself of harmful dust and particles.
To read more about everything ASUS announced this week, visit our blog post.
VR-ready Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop
Dell unveiled this week the new VR-ready Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop starting at just $799. Engineered for PC gamers, the new Inspiron Gaming Desktop features 8th Gen Intel quad- and hex-core processors and graphics. It comes with Windows 10 so you can stay connected with friends on Xbox Live with the Xbox app. It also supports Direct X12, and enables quick and easy game streaming through Mixer, without the need for extra hardware or software; solid-state drive options offer faster boot-up times and intelligent thermal design provide longer gaming sessions. Read more about everything Dell announced in our blog post.
It’s great to see all of this hardware innovation from our gaming hardware partners. 2018 is shaping up to be a great year for PC gaming. To read more partner news from CES, please visit this link!