Announcing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17046
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are releasing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17046 to Windows Server Insiders. This build is the second preview build of the next Semi-Annual Channel release of Windows Server. For more information on the Semi-Annual channel, please see the Windows Server Semi-Annual Channel overview
Server Insiders have the choice of Server Core Edition in ISO or VHDX format. The images are pre-keyed – no need to enter a key during setup.
Symbols are available on the public symbol server – see Update on Microsoft’s Symbol Server blog post and Using the Microsoft Symbol Server. As before, matching Windows Server container images will be available via Docker Hub. For more information about Windows Server containers and Insider builds, click here.
This Server Insider pre-release build will expire on July 2nd, 2018. For the best experience, the Windows Server team recommends a clean install.
What’s New in Build 17046 for Windows Server
There are no new features to announce for this build.
How to Download
To obtain the Insider software downloads, registered Insiders may navigate directly to the Windows Server Insider Preview download page. If you have not yet registered as an Insider, see GETTING STARTED WITH SERVER on the Windows Insiders for Business portal.
It’s all about your feedback!
The most important part of a frequent release cycle is to hear what’s working and what needs to be improved, so your feedback is extremely valued. Use your registered Windows Insider device and use the Feedback Hub application. In the app, choose the Server category and then the appropriate subcategory for your feedback. Please indicate what build number you are providing feedback on.
Known issues with Windows Server build 17046
- [NEW] Dynamic disks fail I/O with STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST, resulting in failures to mount or format a volume. The contents of an affected volume will be available after updating to a build that fixes this issue, so reformatting and restoring data from backup is not necessary.
- Upgrading to recent pre-release builds of Windows Server is not currently an option. However, upgrading will be supported in the future.
- The Health Attestation CSP fails with error message 500 when attempting to get a certificate.
- Data corruption may occur on some NVM Express (NVMe) solid-state drives (SSD) if scatter-gather list (SGL) functionality is enabled.
- The base filtering engine (BFE) service may fail to start, which prevents the Windows Defender firewall (MpsSvc service) from starting.
- A system crash may occur because of a kernel security check failure (bug check 0x139) from a corrupt list entry in a deferred free pool.
- Hyper-V isolated containers will fail to start with an error of “The description string for parameter reference (%1) could not be found. (0x3ab6)”. Users can work around this by temporarily disabling our cloning optimization by creating a registry key and rebooting or restarting the vmcompute service.
reg ADD “HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionVirtualizationContainers” /v TemplateVmCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0
- Although installation will continue successfully, the product key will not activate.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,